It takes around one year to write a perfect dissertation. Out of 12 months, most students spend almost three months on selecting a unique topic for dissertation writing. Giving this much time only for selecting a topic of interest is indeed not fair. Do you know? Spending three days with full concentration can bring more fruitful results to you rather than serving the three months for the same process. To attain this proficiency, one must need to follow step-by-step guidelines. However, there are many other things to consider, such as field requirements, availability of resources, and time availability. So, the content of this article will be very helpful for students who are confused about the selection of a masters dissertation topic and looking for a step by step guidance.
Masters Dissertation Topic- A brief introduction:
Determining the fine line of differences between the too narrow or too broader masters dissertation topics is the main task to crack throughout the topic selection process. On the one hand, the narrow topic of the master’s thesis will not be acknowledged by the research committee; on the other hand, the too broader topic will raise many structural and organisational problems. Moreover, the perfect masters dissertation topic must have the following qualities:
- It must clearly reflect your area of interest.
- It must hint at the analysis method best suitable to solve a research problem.
- It must be theoretically based.
- It must be captivating for the audience.
- It must target a specific audience.
- Making it sentimental, thought-provoking, and emotional is a plus.
Important guidelines to consider for choosing a masters dissertation topic:
Additionally, a good masters dissertation topic must be researchable, practical, significant, and manageable. Thus, to fulfill these requirements, one must follow the following step-by-step guide:
- Explore yourself: Knowing you seems irrelevant but it is very important for all to see their inner potential. Many times it is only your determination or perseverance that gives you the power to explore something surprising. Thus, even before getting aware of the research requirements, one needs to know his inner spark to show enough zeal and enthusiasm.
- Check the requirements: Knowing the research requirements is necessary to remain up to the mark. It is the best way to know whether the research goals are attainable or not. Moreover, by exploring what kind of research is supported by the research committee in your department helps you take a head start.
- Develop your area of interest: Visit labs periodically and participants in small tasks with seniors or research analysts. It will be very helpful in determining which domain seems most interesting to you.
- Conduct a literature search: Literature is the backbone of research. Many times we are only aware of the common words or slangs for describing a particular process. It is the literature that helps you grab the most sophisticated or field-specific terminologies. However, finding research gaps to define the research problem, finding logical answers, searching the method for untying all knots in problem solving can also be completed by reviewing already published scholarly literature.
- Define your domain: Literature search may also puzzle you or broaden your view. Even in some cases, it energises students, and they start planning to make a large-scale research project. Remember, industrial-scale research cannot be accomplished at small institutional level. Thus, narrowing your research approach by defining a specific domain is also a must. For example, it will not be practical to see the role of MMP-9 (Metalloproteinase-9) on all cardiovascular diseases; rather, limiting your investigation to only atherosclerosis is a bit more practical.
- Guess the best possible solution to research problem: After selecting the domain, you must make a checklist to ensure some qualities. For example, do the real-world relationship between the dependent and independent variables exists? Whether you have enough resources for project completion? What will be the most cost-effective method to find the best possible solution? If all answers to these questions give positive responses, then you must send the decided masters dissertation topic to your supervisor to get it noticed or approved.
The mentioned-above steps describe a detailed process of masters dissertation topic selection. Additionally, for those who always remain in search of shortcuts, seeking Masters Dissertation Help from experts is the best way to select the trendiest topic for your dissertation.
Choosing a perfect topic for a dissertation is only difficult for novice researchers. For experts, following all these steps never takes more than three days. Thus, if you are planning to take a smart approach or seek experts’ help in choosing a thesis topic, you must consult our expert. Believe me; they will never let you down.